Q.1) Who is “consulting/treatingdoctor” and who is “advising doctor”?
Ans) Consulting/ treating doctor is the one who initiates consultation/ seeks consultation. Advising doctor is one who advises on teleconsultation from other side.
Q.2) What is the source of Cureboon?
Ans) Cureboon is an Indian govt funded webapp (funded by IIT Patna incubation centre) launched by V-potential pvt ltd company registered under MCA, India.
Q.3) Why will doctors trust other doctors?
Ans) Doctors can consult their colleagues / known doctors whom they can trust, by sharing app with them
Q.4) Is it a time friendly app?
Ans) Cureboon is convenient and easy to use with minimal waiting time or teleconsultation can be moved to other doctor.
Q.5) Are the doctors available all the time?
Ans) As Cureboon has doctors from all over India, it will be easy to find and connect to doctors anytime.
Q.6) How can the same doctor be followed for next visit by the patient?
Ans) Patient can call consulting doctor to schedule the appointment with advising doctor when both the doctors can be made available.
Q.7) What legal issues may arise while using Cureboon?
Ans) Rationale terms and conditions are mentioned. Data is saved with the company to show for any legal issue that may arise.
Q.8) Who will be responsible for the history, examination and management of patient?
Ans) Both doctors’ prescriptions will be saved separately every time that is updated.In case of any dispute or happening of some uncontrolled event, the report of the advising doctor who finally handsover the prescription will be taken into consideration and he will be liable to answer, but in the case when the report is edited by the consulting doctor then the consulting doctor will be liable to answer. The reports of both the doctors will be presented when needed if any such dispute arises thereon. If the prescription of the advising doctor is final then his signature will be put on the prescription and if the consulting doctor edits the advising doctor’s prescription then his signature will be put on the prescription.
Q.9) How safe is the data with Cureboon?
Ans) HIPAA security is ensured while making a google meet conference. Reasonable privacy and security of personal sensitive information is maintained.
Q.10) How is data quality ensured?
Ans) EHRS guidelines are being followed widely by Cureboon.
Q.11) What financial benefit can be expected from Cureboon?
Ans) Doctor will get the right fees for doing teleconsultation.
Q.12) How can patient be benefitted?
Ans) Patient will get advice from a doctor’s team and Patient’s time and money in going to visit other doctor offline will be saved.
Q.13) Will the patient be convinced that the doctor is guiding right?
Ans) In today’s era of fast growing medical science, its best for a family physician to consult experts of different fields
Q.14) Why not patient can prefer patient to doctor teleconsultation using other apps?
Ans) Cureboon will convey proper history and examination to the online doctor and hence provide quality treatment.
Q.15) What guidelines are to followed while using app?
Ans) This app is a beta version where the company holds limited liability and all the government guidelines are meant accordingly.The app will always be used under the relevant government guidelines like Telemedicine Practice Guidelines, Indian Medical Council (Professional Conduct, Etiquette and Ethics Regulation, 2002) and various other concerned laws (All ecommerce, intermediary and tpg, it and ehrs rules).
Q.16) Can doctors use Cureboon for hospital patients or is it meant only for clinic use?
Ans) Cureboon is not to be used for the patients in the IPD i.e. Inpatient Department Care.
Q.17) How are the credentials of a doctor on Cureboon verified?
Ans) The verification of the doctor’s credentials will only be done by Cureboon on the National Medical Commission (NMC) site where their M.B.B.S registration will be verified. All certificates and other documents will be uploaded on Cureboon and will be examined manually.
Q.18) Can a doctor edit a prescription of a specialist or superspecialist doctor with a degree that he/she is not holding?
Ans) Doctors registered with Cureboon will treat/entertain the patients only when they are authorised (i.e. have the specialisation in that particular field) to entertain those types of patients.
Q.19) What is the response time for teleconsultation request on Cureboon?
Ans) Registered doctors on Cureboon have to take teleconsultation as early as possible after the request is initiated and if they fail to give teleconsultation in that time (5 minutes), then the call can be transferred to other doctor.
Q.20) What should advising doctor do ifhe is busy with the offline consultation
Ans) In case the advising doctor to whom the patient is getting referred is busy with the offline consultation, then, in that case, the advisingdoctor should be weighing the benefits and risks of the other patient and then decide on whether to take the online consultation or to continue with the offline consultation.
Q.21) Can I perform surgical/ invasive procedures using this app?
Ans) No surgical or invasive procedures should be performed through the app.
Q.22) How to proceed in an emergency situation?
Ans) In all cases of emergency, the patient MUST be advised for in-person interaction with a doctor at the earliest. In all telemedicine consultations, as per the judgment of the registered doctor, if it is an emergency, the goal and objective should be to provide in-person care at the soonest. In case of alternative care is not present, teleconsultation might be the only way to provide timely care. In such situations, registered doctors may provide consultation to their best judgment. Telemedicine services should however be avoided for emergency care when alternative in-person care is available, and telemedicine consultation should be limited to first aid, life-saving measures, enhancing care, counselling, and advice on referral.
Q.23) Can I interface a telelhealth device on Cureboon?
Ans) The device to be used during the video conferencing must be ISO 9001 accredited by the NABL i.e. National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
Q.24) What if internet goes off during teleconsultation?
Ans) The doctors while giving the teleconsultation should make sure that they have a proper internet connection so that there is no hindrance while the consultation is in progress. It will not be the responsibility of the company. No refund will be initiated for the patient, but followup within 5 days.
Q.25) What guidelines are to be followed while prescribing drugs?
Ans) The prescribing of medications, via telemedicine consultation, is at the professional discretion of the doctors. It entails the same professional accountability as in the traditional in-person consult. Still, it has to be followed as per the government guidelines which are given in (Para 3.7.4 of Telemedicine Practice Guidelines, March 2021) or any relevant government guidelines.
The doctors should write the generic names of the drugs and not any brand name on the prescription. In no circumstances the doctor should promote any brand name.
If the doctors have prescribed medicines, he or they shall issue a prescription as per the Indian/National Medical Council (Professional Conduct, Etiquette and Ethics) Regulations and shall not contravene the provisions of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act and Rules. A sample format is suggested in Annexure 2 of the Telemedicine Practice Guidelines.
The doctors writing the prescription must mention the drugs of different Groups as per the Telemedicine Practice Guidelines or other relevant government guidelines.
Q.26) Is there any subscription fees for Cureboon?
Ans) Cureboon can start charging subscription fees on the company's decision and will pre-inform the doctors registered on Cureboon.
Q.27) What fees can a doctor expect from Cureboon?
Ans) The professional fees of the advisingdoctor will be fixed by themselves and VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED service charges will not be included in that fee, but will be charged above the doctor’s fees. The amount will be taken before the consultation is initiated. The consultingdoctor can also charge a fee of Rs. 50/- or Rs. 100/-.
Cureboon recommends the consultation fees of the advisingdoctor to be less than or equal to the offline fees.VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED will charge a fee of Rs. 50/- per consultation which can be changed later on VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED’s decision.The fees will be transferred to the doctors within 7 working days after the prescription is sent and in case there is a delay, no interest or compensation will be awarded by the company.In case the consultingdoctor is not satisfied with the advisingdoctor and asks for a refund of the fees, then in that case there won’t be any refund.Cureboon does not promote any fee-splitting or kickback promotion practised in any form.Cureboon is just a fee aggregator and not responsible for treatment provided by doctors on it. Doctors are solely responsible for the treatment.
Q.28) What if any controversies, conflicts, disputes, or differences arise between two doctors or with the company or with the patient
Ans) Any controversies, conflicts, disputes, or differences arising between two doctors or with the company or with the patient, for example, wrong examination done by the doctors, shall be resolved by arbitration in Lucknow by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 for the time being in force, which is deemed to be incorporated by reference in this section. The tribunal shall consist of 1 (one) arbitrator appointed by VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
If there is any dispute or discrepancy online between doctors, we recommend not using Cureboon and referring the patient offline, if feasible.Cureboon will not be responsible for the consequences due of such disputes and discrepancies.
Q.29) What is data uploading fees?
Ans) It’s the fees that consulting doctor charges for uploading data. It does not include his/her consultation fees.
Q.30) Can google meet link be shared with third person?
Ans) Other doctors can be admitted by the doctor on teleconsultation. Sole responsibility lies with the doctor. He should not add without telling patient. Use Cureboon only when patient trusts it and doctor. Cureboon will not pay to the third or further doctor joined through google meet.
Q.31) What if there is delay in payment by Cureboon?
Ans) If delay in payment due to issue in bank, Cureboon will not be responsible. No compensation will be given for any delay in payment.
Q.32) Responsibility of privacy maintenance lies with whom?
Ans) Company and doctor both will try to maintain patient’s privacy as far as possible as it lies in respective domain
Q.33) What is the time line by which feedback will be responded?
Ans) The feedback, where and if received from the end of the registered medical practitioners will be typically responded to in a strict timeline(15 days). This feature shall not be extended to the end users.
Q.34) What if non-compliance of guidelines is found?
Ans) In the event some non-compliance is noted, the technology platform shall be required to report the same to BoG, in supersession to MCI who may take appropriate action.
1. The terms and conditions mentioned here are not only limited as mentioned here but they may be extendable as rationale. You will be notified 1 month prior to making of the changes.
2. This service is a telemedicine service i.e. the delivery of health care and the exchange of health-care information across distances.
3. All registered doctors intending to provide online consultation through this web application need to complete a mandatory online course within 3 years of its notification, failing to which will lead to your removal from the web application. The doctors registered on Cureboon have to produce the above-mentioned training certificate to the company VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED so that it can be put on the record.
4. Each doctor on Cureboon must display the registration number accorded to him/her by the State Medical Council/MCI, on prescriptions, websites, electronic communication (WhatsApp/email, etc.), receipts, etc. given to his/her patients.
5. The registered doctor has to be a person who is enrolled in the State Medical Register or the Indian Medical Register under the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.’ [IMC Act, 1956]. It is a must for him to possess an M.B.B.S degree. Doctors all over the country can connect with this app but they must possess an M.B.B.S degree.
6. If in case the beta version of the app is withdrawn by VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED then a prior notice of 1 month will be given by VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED.
7. The registered medical practitioner shall apply his professional discretion for the type and extent of patient information (history/examination findings/investigation reports/records) required to be able to exercise proper clinical decisions.
8. During teleconsultation, if the doctor inquires for relevant information from the patient, then the patient is supposed to disclose the right information. The Telemedicine Guidelines have clarified that it is the patient who will be responsible for the accuracy of the information shared with the doctor, and not the doctor. However, since the standard of care is as high in the case of teleconsultation as in-person consultation, the doctor must make all efforts to gather sufficient medical information about the patient’s condition before deciding on a diagnosis or a treatment.
9. The choice of treatment will be the sole discretion of the doctors, in no circumstances unnecessary promotion of any treatment through the written prescription should be done.
10. There are situations when the doctor needs to visually examine the patient and make a diagnosis. In such a case, the doctors could recommend a video consultation. Considering the situation, using his/her best judgment, a doctor may decide the best technology to use to diagnose and treat.
11. The registered doctors will be terminated the moment it is found that the documents uploaded or given to the VPOTENTIAL PRIVATE LIMITED are fake or expired or not according to the fixed standards.
12. The advising doctor to whom the patient is getting referred should use his or her experience and take a strong decision professionally whether to treat the patient via app or the patient needs in-person consultation.
13. Justifiable reason for referral should be mentioned on prescription
14. Photocopy record access to patients is given as and when required by doctors.
15. It is mandatory that the recording shall be done strictly after obtaining the explicit consent of such patient and not in a secretive manner. In case the patient is not comfortable with recording of the consultation the same shall not be done against the patient’s consent under any circumstance.
16. Blocking of access to unlawful information will be done within 36 hours upon an order from the Court, or the government.
17. Cureboon will provide information under its control or possession to Government Agency with respect to cyber security incidents within 72 hours of the receipt of an order from the agency.
18. Cureboon will report cybersecurity incidents and share related information with the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team.
19. Cureboon provides for a grievance redressal mechanism and designates a grievance officer to address complaints against violation of the Rules. Complaints will be acknowledged within 24 hours and disposed of within 15 days.
20. Cureboon takes undertakings from doctors operating on its platform regarding authenticity of the description of services being provided by them.
21. Cureboon will timely reiterate the due diligence requirements on intermediaries under the IT Act and the IG Rules.